10 out of 10 for one of the fastest critiques ever!
Glen Of Imaal Enthusiasts And Fanciers Club – 17/04/16
My thanks to EFG for the invitation and the honour of judging their 20th anniversary Open Show. I watched my first Glen Show way back at a venue in Howden (Goole) and am delighted that the breed and exhibitors still retain their enthusiasm and friendliness and I really enjoyed my time with you all.
Puppy Dog (3,0)
- Tobijanski: Romainville Becks Blue for Zippor. A 10 month blue boy winning this class on his movement and confidence. Has a good bite, decent size of teeth but his head is still relatively narrow. Strong through his neck to a decent lay of shoulder and reasonable front. Topline was pleasing spoiled a tad by his tail carriage. Still a lot of maturing to do.
- Noon: Jeonty Diamond Ring. 11 month wheaten more mature than 1 with a bit more width to his skull. Dentition was good as was his neck and forehand. Overall profile was very nice however he would not walk on this surface and ruined his chance completely.
- Smith: Romainville Bilbo Baggins. 11 month wheaten of decent shape and size but tad high on rear and also not moving at his best.
Junior Dog (3,0)
- George: Rock Buster at Romainville. 11 month blue boy with good mouth, eyes and still to develop in skull. Good fore and good depth to chest with pleasing topline. Outshone the others on his movement. Best puppy dog losing out in the challenge as he is slightly too tall for my preference.
- Hannington: Boudivella Osca. 15 month wheaten, reasonable development in head, mouth ok, bit narrow in front but moved pretty well.
- Noon: Jeonty Diamond Ring. Still hated the floor but would love to see him on a different surface.
Post Grad Dog (3,1)
- Samuel: Jeonty Yippe Kiaye. 2 year grey with strong muzzle and good bite. Well sprung ribs giving good width to fore. Profile ratios were good but would have preferred more drive from the rear.
- Squires: Bendikes Edward Bear at Squiresbeach. 4 year blue not having the front of 1 or movement today.
Limit Dog (5,1)
- Rogers: Gleann Dynamo Man at Jeonty. 17 month eye catching blue boy that I really liked. He still needs to mature to compete with the big boys but has all the credentials to do so. Presented a lovely profile with good ratios and really balanced triangles in profile movement. Definitely one for the future.
- Hogburn: Pajantic Star Trooper. A 3 year old dog that also catches one’s eye. Decent head and sound front. Topline ok but tad bum high. Lovely free moving dog with good reach.
- Davis: Donvalset Rafferty at Viahinnis. 4 year old blue dog I also liked the look of but couldn’t match the movement of 1 & 2.
- Howarth: Donvalset Liffy at Arkview.
Open Dog (3,1)
- Rogers: Ch. Bregorrey Wannabe Victory by Jeonty. 4 year old blue fully mature dog with good width to skull, strong jaws and good teeth. Strong in front, well-sprung ribs and deep chest. Good topline with strong loin and powerful rear quarters. Lovely free moving dog. Best Dog, Reserve Best in Show and Best Opposite Sex in Show.
- Sage: Romainville Fast ‘N’ Furious at Wickholm. 3 year old with good head and neck and well laid shoulders. Bit out in front, but chest deep and well sprung. Powerful body, well-muscled rear but couldn’t match movement of 1. Reserve Best Dog.
Veteran Dog (4,2)
- Barnes: Brockland Blackadder at Malsville. 11 year blue dog showing his age a little but has a lovely head and still got a good mouth. Strong well-laid shoulders and body. Showing a little weakness in his rear end which ultimately cost him in the veteran challenge.
- Garner: Ch. Johnny Be Good at Romainville. A 9 year old red wheaten, very eye-catching with good profile and condition. Bit too much out in front for me and over-trimmed.
Puppy Bitch (2,0)
- George & Sullivan: Romainville Razzamatazz. 10 month blue with decent width to head, good bite and eyes. Well-made front and reasonable depth to chest. Profile pretty good but still a tad high on the rear. Quite a bit more mature than 2.
- Rogers: Jeonty Mini Me Me. 10 month wheaten who seems more of a late developer than 1, narrower through her skull but head is balanced. Still a bit loose in front but has nice spring to rib of a good length and short loin. Didn’t do herself justice on the move though from another ring I did see her go better later.
Junior Bitch (0,0)
Post Grad Bitch (2,0)
- Baldock: Ellerton Dusky Beauty. 3 year blue with a lot to say. Strong head, jaws and teeth and well-made forehand. Well-sprung ribs and well-covered! Overall pleasing shape and was very good on the move.
- Studd: Wickholm Gone in Sixty Seconds. 2 year wheaten who hasn’t matured yet. Narrower in skull than 1 though still got enough strength to jaws and teeth. Good profile but would prefer tad more rear angulation. Moved well.
Limit Bitch (2,0)
- Hannington: Romainville Uptown Girl. 4 year dark blue bitch with balanced good shaped head and good mouth. Pretty good front, deep chest and good rib/loin ratio. In crisp coat and out-moved 2 but would like her action a bit freer.
- Squires: Young May Moon. Another 4 year old blue not having the head of 1 but has a good bite. Good lay of shoulder but front left turned out bit too much. Bit longer in loin than 1 and her movement was erratic, hopped several times.
Open Bitch (2,0)
- Seall: Ch. Bregorry Madam Defiance. 4 year old blue bitch that I really like. Strong well-balanced head, well-made fore with good chest depth, spring of rib and spot on rib/loin ratios. No weakness in topline and a lovely profile. Very sound on the move with plenty of reach. Just preferred her overall balance to the dog in the challenge. Delighted to award her Best Bitch, Best of Breed and Best in Show.
- George: Romainville Rock On Ruby. 3 year wheaten bitch with decent head and jaw. Good lay of shoulder but front not that of 1. Bit leggier than I would prefer.
Veteran Bitch (4,0)
A class I was spoiled in and great to see the quality of these “old?” girls
- Seall: Ch. Brockland Belle Bregorry. 11 year old darling of a blue bitch. This girl screams Glen at you. Being picky, I would prefer a bit more rear angulation but very well-balanced, has great ratios and today out-moved most of the entry. Super girl just outdone today by her daughter. Delighted to give her Reserve Best Bitch and Best Veteran in Show.
- Baldock: Ch. Jeonty Maybe Daysee. Wheaten bitch coming up to eight. Another super girl with all the correct attributes. Very sound and well-constructed, just lacking the free movement of 1.
- Sage: Jeonty Lola Mat at Wickholm. Litter sister to 2 and very similar. Another lovely girl.
- Samuel: Jeonty Red Clover
Best in Show: Ch. Bregorry Madam Defiance
Reserve Best in Show: Ch. Bregorry Wannabe Victory by Jeonty
Best Opposite Sex in Show: Ch. Bregorry Wannabe Victory by Jeonty
Best Veteran in Show: Ch. Brockland Belle Bregorry
Best Puppy in Show: Romainville Razzamatazz
Roger Cruden (Shamsky)