As it is Easter weekend.

It’s Easter and that means chocolate! This is the BIGGIE weekend for chocolate giving and the family are often around. Families come with children who love to share with the dog and it isn’t only Glen of Imaal Terriers that will never say no if offered a succulent chunk again and again and again.

Too much chocolate is not good for a dog and for some even a small piece can mean serious problems. Even if your animal is used to the odd piece of chocolate now and again its usual sliver probably won’t be the premium stuff around over the next few days so don’t relax the guard. This may seem a bit over the top, a chocolate toxicity calculator for dogs, but it’s there for use if need be as it provides you with an indication of the symptoms your dog may experience after chocolate ingestion but just make sure you don’t need to use it!