Will your Glen be the 100th Glen to contribute to our DNA Archive …?
Calling all Glens … young and old … those in good health … and those with health conditions …
Please give up just a few minutes of your time to make a valuable contribution to the archive … for the benefit of future health research projects …
It’s easy … we now have a dedicated website … with a video … and an online swab kit request form:
The Animal Health Trust (AHT) … where the archive is located … request a voluntary donation of £5.00 per swab kit to cover the costs of the swab kit, admininstration and long term storage. However, if your Glen has a documented health condition, the AHT is happy to waive this small charge.
Let’s aim for 100 Glens “on the books” by the end of the year …!
If you have a swab kit at home … but just haven’t got round to persuading your Glen to having his/her cheek swabs done … please do it now!
We welcome photos of dogs and their swabs … to go onto the Glen Archive Blog! Check out our first photos … and please do send in a picture of your Glen … and a swab!!
Thank you for your support!
PLEASE ASK YOUR GLEN …
… if s/he would be happy to make a contribution to the International Glen of Imaal Terrier Database at the Animal Health Trust?!
It’s easy … all you need to do is persuade your Glen to let you take 5 cheek swabs …
We have a webpage explaining all about our DNA Archive … an invaluable resource for future health research projects … and we have even made a video to show you how to take the swabs!
Here’s the DNA Archive page: http://www.efghealth.co.uk/dna_archive.html
And the video is here: http://www.efghealth.co.uk/dna_archive.html#video
Alison Seall, DNA Archive Coordinator is happy to help if you have any queries:
Telephone: 01403 269038
Thank you for your support … and thank you to your Glens for their valued contributions!
Four years ago (December 2008) the Kennel Club designated the month Breed Health Plan month and there was a lot of Glen of Imaal Terrier health discussion on, and off, the blog. Can you remember what was decided though? Have you thought about it since? Have you done anything else? We’re all very good-remarkably so compared to some breeds-with the PRA testing issue but what now or next?